Feature Suggestions for TiVo
I have HD TiVo (Series 3). I wish it would:
- Display the caller ID information for incoming calls. Your most direct competitor – Windows Media Center – already offers caller ID support.
- Allow me to watch content from TiVo Series 2 devices elsewhere in my home. There’s no reason that transferring external content to the HD device would jeopardize the digital content on the HD device.
- Provide me with the subscription content like TiVoCast, Rocketboom, etc. Series 2 devices can do it – why not Series 3?
- Let me know the remaining storage space and alert me know when a show is in immediate danger of being deleted. Again, Media Center can do it.
- Give me an option to avoid recording two scheduled programs at once during typical viewing hours. Dual tuner is great, but if TiVo schedules two recordings at the same time, I still can’t watch anything else. With an option that avoided simultaneous recording when possible, TiVo could attempt to schedule other showings of an episode at an alternate time.